14ers Map 1 of 16: Bierstadt, Evans | Grays, Torreys
14ers Series Topographic Hiking Map 1 of 16 covers fourteeners Mount Evans and Mount Bierstadt on the front side and Grays Peak and Torreys Peak on the back, including all hiking trails in the surrounding areas. This rugged trail map was designed for on-trail use in the toughest outdoor conditions and includes the following features:
- Waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- Ultralight weight – under an ounce
- Detailed 1:30,000 scale (1 inch ≈ ½ mile)
- Distances for all trail segments
- Compact folded size to fit in your pocket – only 3.8” wide by 6.5” tall
- Convenient size and foldability for quick and easy on-trail review – 19” wide by 13” tall unfolded – no more fumbling with huge maps while on the go
- All fourteener trailheads – not just the popular ones – with GPS coordinates
- GPS coordinates for all key trail junctions
- Route difficulty classes for each peak
- UTM 1000 m grid along with latitude-longitude ticks
- Easy-to-read and intuitive
The front side of 14ers Map 1 shows access to Mount Evans via the Mount Evans Toll Road, Summit Lake Park as well as from the Chicago Lakes area via Echo Lake Park. Mount Bierstadt access is shown from Guanella Pass Trailhead, and trails connecting to Mount Evans and to Summit Lake area are included.
The back of Map 1 shows access to Grays and Torreys Peaks from the north via Grizzly Gulch and Stevens Gulch and from the south via Chihuahua Gulch. Also included on this side are the trails to Mount Sniktau and Grizzly Peak from Loveland Pass, the Lenawee Trail and a long stretch of the Continental Divide Trail over Argentine Pass. This is Map 1 of 16 14ers Maps covering all Colorado 14ers.